Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Who Dis?

Continuing with our Barbie theme this week....


Today's highlight: Who Dis?



I have entitled this post Who Dis? because I'm not quite sure who this doll is. She is Barbie-esque, but she's rather flat-footed, so I can't be sure if she is in fact part of the Barbie line.



Update: I just checked her bottom. She is an imitation. She is a product of Hasbro, not Mattel.



Regardless, she deserves a commentary. She's wearing some pretty sweet acid-washed jorts (jean shorts) and her bangs are a bit side-swept, but most importantly, her feet are more rubbery than your typical Barbie.






The rubbery feet are her most crucial awesomeness factor. They were the perfect consistency for chewing when you needed something on which to nibble when you're playing with your dolls. Please allow this photo to serve as evidence of such:


If anyone can identify this doll, please do so in the comment section below.










5 comments:

  1. This doll definitely looks familiar. I like her half cut hair too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could this Sindy?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty sure she's Maxie...I just did some internet research.
    http://marilynsmyth.free.fr/makinwavesorange.php

    ReplyDelete
  4. She does look a bit like Sindy, but I'm gonna say we have a winner with Maxie. Way to go Laura. I have no clue how you figured that out, but your link leads right to a flat-footed, blue eyed doll that looks just like this one. I wonder if the outfit in which I have her is original.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's Maxi if not mistaken Jem introduced her n she had a show

    ReplyDelete